Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Random thoughts

Last night I made brownies. I also made mashed potatos and fried chicken with creamy gravy and green beans, which is something I've never made but I was trying to make something Shawn would enjoy and that is a simple basic meal that everyone enjoys. I made it as healthy as I could...potatos with the skin on and fried chicken in just a little olive oil and creamy gravy with lowfat milk. It was so good. Anyway, my point is that I enjoyed a brownie sunday last night and I just had another one tonight. I don't know if it's worth it. I only enjoy it for the few minutes while I'm eating it and then I don't enjoy how I feel after I've eaten it. Why can't I seem to realize this before I eat it. I don't really enjoy it enough to outweigh the feeling after of being full of sugar. LIFE!!!! URHHH!!!

When I was a kid I use to go on bike rides so that I could speak in weird voices and other accents and no one would hear me. I enjoyed it so much. One time, I didn't realize I was approaching a yard that someone was in and as soon as I saw them it was too late. I was speaking loudly in some English accent I think. I was so embarrassed. I pretended like I was singing and that I didn't see them.

It's been a week since I decided not to drink anymore. It's been really easy and I've really enjoyed it. I know, some of you may be thinking, it's only been a week, how could a week be hard. The thing is, often times I go a week or more without having any alcohol, but there are 2 reasons this past week could have been difficult. 1 is that with my busy schedule and how I so enjoy the feeling I get after one or two glasses of wine, it becomes something I look forward to on an evening that I get home before 1:00 a.m. I take a hot shower and relax with a glass of wine and I don't worry about a thing. So, if it's something I look forward to, then it can be hard to try and replace or just go without. The second reason is the more likely reason to have made it difficult. I AM A REBEL! I'm serious. I just am. I have always wanted to get away with the things I wasn't suppose to do. So, the fact that this is something that is now "off limits" per se, I'm suprised that I haven't wanted to do it more. The feeling has trickled in but when it has, I tell myself, "This is not off limits. You can drink whenever you want. There is nothing wrong or bad about drinking. It is just something that you are choosing for yourself, to go without. You aren't missing out on anything. You are practicing discipline. This is good for your mind, body and spirit (and wallet)." Sometimes I even make myself some non-alcoholic drink to get the same ritual of drinking. I take a moment away from my busy life and reward my hard work with a taste of something I enjoy.
So, something kind of funny is that today is a week since I woke up with the random thought not to drink anymore. Actually, I almost dismissed it, cause it was so random, but of course I then thought about it for the day and came up with the decision rather mildly to actually do it. Actually, I guess I really decided while I was blogging about the thought. So, the funny part is...last night I had a dream that I was drinking white wine and all of a sudden I remembered that I wasn't going to drink anymore and I felt really bad and wondered if I would tell anyone. Then I realized, that's dumb, it's my decision not to do it. Oh well, I forgot. So, I stopped drinking and thought, well, I guess I should just try again. Isn't that weird? Ha ha ha! I think it's pretty funny. I actually giggled in bed this morning when I woke up after the dream.

Should I buy a surfboard for $350? A used, 9 feet long surfboard. I don't think so. I would rather buy a brand new Giant or Allez Specialized roadbike at Fat Tire Farm on sale for around $500-$600. I want it so bad, but I will exercise my discipline and pay off my debt instead. Boo hoo.

Read Proverbs 31 from the Bible last night. It's good! I will read it again, maybe tonight. I need to check out another translation. I read from "The Message" last night.

I think I've shared enough random thoughts for today. Post a comment and share a random thought. Please!

4 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There isn't much better in the world that putting on a brand new pair of socks. Random enough? OK ok, how about.....I sold my gameboy on ebay a few years ago.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a random thought, but i thought your dream was pretty funny. The first couple months after i became pregnant, i would have dreams all the time that i was drinking either wine or beer in all sorts of different social situations. I'm sure it was my subconscious fear of being a terrible mother. I would wake up terrified and racked with guilt, then i had to remember that it was only a dream and my baby was perfectly healthy. Keep posting those strange dreams, it's so interesting to read what other people's minds do in the night.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jenn Sanders said...

I think you were just thinking a bit too much about the wine:-)
Yum

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For now things will be what they are, then tommorrow will be the same as the day prior to the day before last.....maybe i should go to see her...??? maybe not?....Why have i forgotten her? She was never mine i was never hers...we are a never ending uphill battle of witts the two of us you see....but i love her.....for this girl is mine and she is mine for now... and tommorrow she will see me for who i am. Well, maybe not just yet...i think she needs a little time to think things over...mzybe i need time.I know one thing is for sure!!!! For now thing will be what they are and tommorrow will be the same as the day prior to the last ...!!!! Because i know ME..!!! and right now i am doing the same thing it's just a different day.....and tommorrow will be the same as the day prior because i never change.., we never change we stay the same....we are as bleek as the sands are vast on the beach....i am the needle in the hay stack, i am the boy without a father..NOW....I have become the father that has abandoned that special soul.......LOVE????? lost in the world that is the inspiration for others......MOTHER PLEASE FLUSH IT ALL AWAY......YOU ARE ALL I HAVE......>>>>>P.L.U.R(peace, love, unity, respect.).....IKARUS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home